Why Your Website Isn’t Generating Leads
You launched your website months, or years, ago. It looks nice and explains your services well. But no one is calling you or filling out your contact form. Why is that? You know the service you provide is valuable, but your website visitors don’t seem to be motivated to reach out.
There are dozens of reasons why a website could under-perform. Below I’ll explain 3 of the most common reasons your website isn’t generating leads.
Asking for the sale too early
When you’re catering to a B2B audience, the sales process takes more time than it would with a B2C or retail audience. Your services are probably a little more complex, and it takes time to get to know your clients.
Asking someone to hire you, or start working with you, the first time they visit your website is overwhelming. They don’t know if they can trust you or if you provide the service they need.
A simple lead generation sales funnel helps ease this transition from anonymous website visitor to warm prospect.
Offer a helpful lead magnet for download as your main call-to-action. This gives your website visitors a sample of your knowledge, and helps them get to know you better.
By providing a free resource up front you demonstrate that you are knowledgeable and helpful. It helps set you apart from your competition.
Not enough information
B2B buyers do a lot of research before choosing who they will hire. Usually a decision can’t be made immediately. If your website isn’t generating leads, it’s likely you don’t have enough information to help a lead make a decision.
Make sure you are providing plenty of relevant information in these 3 areas:
- Blog: A blog is the fastest and easiest way to demonstrate your knowledge on a topic. Use your blog to provide relevant and useful content to your website visitors.
- About Page: Your about page is a great place to share how you help your clients. This page should be focused on your clients and prospects and what you can do for them. Keep your biographical information limited. Your prospects care more about how you can help them.
- Homepage Messaging: Be clear about who you serve and what you offer. The fastest way to drive prospects away from your website is by being unclear and confusing with your messaging.
Unprofessional design and layout
Your layout, branding, and design are often the first aspects that are noticed about a website. It’s the same as a first impression when you meet someone in person. Is your design welcoming and professional?
Consider the following areas to determine if your site needs improvement. Some of these are harsh truths, but it’s better to face them now than to let them continue to drive leads away.
- Mobile friendly: Over half of all web traffic is mobile. If your website is still not optimized for mobile, you are missing out on a lot of visitors.
- Consistency in fonts and colors: It’s tempting to use different fonts and colors to try to grab attention throughout your website, but it’s the quickest indicator of an amateur website.
- Outdated design: An outdated design gives the impression that you don’t care enough to update your website.
- Scattered information: Logical navigation and website structure helps your website visitors find what they’re looking for.
- Broken links and images: Website visitors will lose trust in you if parts of your website aren’t functioning correctly.
Generating leads from your website comes down to trust. You can increase trust by providing value immediately, offering in-depth information, and giving a great first impression on your website.
THE BIG LIST OF LEAD MAGNET IDEAS THAT ATTRACT IDEAL CLIENTS
+ HOW TO DECIDE WHICH ONE TO IMPLEMENT IN YOUR BUSINESS
Stop missing out on new clients. A RosyPost Lead Generation Website allows you to capture & convert more new leads.